Requirements for a marriage license to be issued in Harlan County.
Both applicants must be at least 17 years of age.
You cannot marry in Nebraska if you are under 17. A couple may apply
for their license in any county in Nebraska and use it to be married
in any other Nebraska county.
- Both applicants must supply a valid form of photo
identification (Example: Drivers License or passport.)
- If either applicant is not of legal age (19), a
consent form must be signed by a parent or guardian and
- Both applicants must appear together
at the County Clerk's office between the hours of 8:30 a.m.
and 4:30 p.m. on weekdays.
- The fee for a marriage license is $25.00.
- Marriage license is valid for one year from date of
issuance, and there is not a waiting period.
- Plan on a half hour to type the marriage license.
- Applicants must supply social security number, if a
number has been issued to the applicant.
- Need to know birthplace of bride and groom, but a
birth certificate is not required.
- If an applicant has been divorced, we need to know
the date of divorce decree. A copy of the divorce decree
is not required.
- Applicants must supply the full names and
birthplaces of both parents (including mother's maiden
- No blood test is required.
To receive a certified marriage license for a marriage license
issued in Harlan County, send a $9.00 check or money order and the
- Name of groom
- Name of bride (including maiden name)
- Month, day and year of marriage
Harlan County Clerk
PO Box 698
Alma, NE 68920
to download Marriage Worksheet
Parental Consent Form
To be filled out and signed by parents of person
under age of 17 wishing to be married in the State of Nebraska